If you want to know how to live your new life with purpose, you’ll find lots of suggestions throughout the New Testament. there is no set formula for living a purposeful Christian life as God has endowed each individual with a unique set of gifts and talents to be used according to His will. Unlike religions that specify a set of rules to live by, Christianity sets individuals free to examine the scriptures and respond to the moving of the Holy Spirit.
Throughout the centuries since Jesus was resurrected from the dead and returned to his father in heaven, followers of Christ have discovered practices that have led them to an exciting and meaningful Christian life.
Below are some ideas that have been handed down from generation to generation. As you embrace these ideas, be sure to keep in mind these words penned by King Solomon some 3,000 years ago.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight.”
In other words, when you put your trust in Him, God will reveal to you an exciting plan for your life. Then all you need to do is embrace and live it with a passion.
- Honor God in everything you do in life and work and service.
- Trust and Obey God always.
- Have a daily quiet time with Jesus
- Enjoy God’s presence, His Grace, His love, and feel His Peace.
- Pray throughout the day.
- Read and Study the Bible Daily.
- Forgive and Forgive again & again & again
- Love, Care and Share God’s Love more.
- Be a Humble and Gentle Spirit
- Be a disciple of Jesus that shares the ‘Good News” as you are going in life. (The Great Commission)
Finally, remember God is Sovereign, He is in control, and He can be completely trusted. Remember, too, our broken world needs Jesus and that He Loves you.